What I’m eating and not eating much of these days…
The Black List:
- Red Meat. Basically I’m only eating lean, organic turkey or chicken, fish and shellfish.
- Dairy Products. This is a tough one, but it’s so worth it in the end!
- Gluten. I recently added this to my list. It’s another tough one…
- Saturated Fats… as little as possible, which is much easier without the dairy and red meat.
- High Fructose Corn syrup
- Trans Fats, also know as Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils found in many processed foods! Please do your homework on these!
The Green List… Eat more:
- Omega 3’s! Good fats found in Salmon, Tuna, hemp seeds, flaxseed and more!!
- Olive oil, flaxseed oil
- Kale, spinach, avocado
- Fruits high in antioxidants
- As many Raw Foods as possible!
- Healthy herbs and spices.
- Take your supplements
Ohsheglows.com is a very helpful Vegan cooking website where I’ve found some wonderful recipes!
Click on Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Pyramid for more information: